This is just a clarification question to those in the know.

In HTML when specifying a table browsers usually choose the smallest
width without causing unforced breaks in columns. That is in XSL-FO
terms the ipd of the table can be smaller than the containing block. In
the current fop version it appears as if the table width is always
forced to the width of the containing block, i.e. it behaves like
setting width="100%" in HTML on the table. I compared this to XEP and
it renders more like HTML.

Is this a feature, a bug, a not yet implemented, or do I misunderstand
something?

Manuel