I've added support for properly parsing the font-family list in Subversion.
The new code should now behave much like FOP 0.20.5.

Concerning the broken font embedding: I've just verified that it works
for me in PDF for both Type1 and TrueType fonts. Did you notice that the
configuration file format has changed since 0.20.5? Maybe it's something
related to that. If not, is your Garamond font a Type1 or a TrueType
font? What PDF Viewer gave you these error messages?

A note to fop-devs: I realize that the skipping of commas in
PropertyParser might be a little hacky. But it looked like the easiest
thing to do and no test cases broke. If anyone has a better suggestion,
set me right please.

On 02.12.2005 13:58:39 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>
> > 2) FOP 0.90alpha1 misinterprets comma separated font family name list in
> > family-name tags at FO, which should be interpreted as kind of priority
> > list when font is found of not. I know this is broken also in 0.20.5, so
> > 0.20.5 will look just for Garamond and if not found it will be dropped
> > to default one... but 0.90alpha1 is looking for
> > "Garamond,Symbol,ZapfDingbats" which is total misbehavior:
> >
> > Font 'Garamond,Symbol,ZapfDingbats,normal,400' not found. Substituting
> > with default font.
> > Font 'Garamond,Symbol,ZapfDingbats,normal,700' not found. Substituting
> > with default font.
> > Font 'Garamond,Symbol,ZapfDingbats,italic,400' not found. Substituting
> > with default font.
> > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Some content could not fit
> > into a line/page after 50 attempts. Giving up to avoid an endless loop.
> > Exception
> > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> > Some content could not fit into a line/page after 50 attempts. Giving up
> > to avoi
> > d an endless loop.
> >
> > Anyway 0.90 font embedding is totally broken since... I got some errors
> > like cannot open Garamond,Bold in generated PDF-s.
> >
> > So I'm waiting for FOray font subsystem in FOP.
>
> Well, it should be easy to at least let the new FOP behave like the old.
> I'll look into it.

<snip/>