On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 05:24 am, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2006, at 22:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Author: adelmelle
> > Date: Mon Jan  9 13:20:07 2006
> > New Revision: 367395

> OK folks,
>
> This should solve the 'trailing white-space for trailing (nested)
> inlines' issue recently discussed ad nauseam here :-)

I got the lastest svn version of fop and then commented out the
removeElementsForTrailingSpaces() method in LineLayoutManager as
theoretically your patch should make this unnecessary. However, we get
a erroneous trailing space in the block_white-space-collapse_1.xml test
case.

It seems the nested inline trailing space removal in the case of

<fo:block background-color="silver" margin="1pt 0pt 1pt 0pt">
   <fo:inline background-color="orange">
      inline level
      <fo:inline background-color="red">
         nested inline level
      </fo:inline>
   </fo:inline>
 </fo:block>

is not yet quite right unless I misinterpret the results.

<snip/>

> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Regards