On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:34 am, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> [...]
> >> theoretically your patch should make this unnecessary. However, we
> >> get
> >> a erroneous trailing space in the block_white-space-collapse_1.xml
> >> test
> >> case.
> >
> > Just a quick FYI: I think I've found the problem, and almost solved
> > it... Almost, since now the mentioned testcase works fine, but in
> > inline_border_padding.xml, I now get an error, and the reason for
> > it completely eludes me. On the one hand, the error indicates an
> > inlineParent area with an IPD that is *less* than the expected
> > value. On the other hand, that same inlineParent apparently has an
> > offending trailing space area --while the conditions in the FOTree
> > are identical AFAICT (it's the last inline in the last block).
> >
> > Once I succeed in tracking this one down, I'll commit again.
>
> OK. So apparently, this has nothing to do with refinement
> white-space- handling, IIC.
>
> I tried commenting out removeElementsForTrailingSpaces() and ran a FO
> containing the following two blocks:
>
> <fo:block background-color="silver" margin="1pt 0pt 1pt 0pt">
>    <fo:inline background-color="orange">
>    inline level
>      <fo:inline background-color="red">
>      nested inline level
>      </fo:inline>
>    </fo:inline>
> </fo:block>
> <fo:block background-color="silver" margin="3pt 0pt 3pt 0pt">
>    Demonstrates nested
>    <fo:inline background-color="yellow" border="solid 2pt red"
> padding-start="2pt" padding-end="2pt" >inlines
>      <fo:inline background-color="orange" border="solid 1pt green"
> padding-start="2pt" padding-end="2pt" >finishing together
>      </fo:inline>
>    </fo:inline>
> </fo:block>
>
> and for the two inner inlines, I get the following area tree
> fragments:
>
> <inlineparent ...>
>    <text ...>
>    <space offset="0"> </space>
>    <word offset="0">nested</word>
>    <space offset="0"> </space>
>    <word offset="0">inline</word>
>    <space offset="0"> </space>
>    <word offset="0">level</word>
>    </text>
> </inlineparent>
>
> <inlineparent ...>
>    <text ...>
>    <word offset="0">finishing</word>
>    <space offset="0"> </space>
>    <word offset="0">together</word>
>    <space offset="0"> </space>
>    </text>
> </inlineparent>
>
> If I remove the border-* and padding-* properties, the trailing space
> area for the latter disappears...?
>
> Of course, the expected result could simply be modified, but it would
> be much better if this were fixed in the related code. No idea where
> precisely.
>
> => Q: Disable it FTM, or alter the expectation to make it pass?

Andreas,

without your patch I cannot really replicate this. When I run through
the debugger now I can see the space being given from the FO to the
TextLayoutManager (look at the textarray in the TextLM constructor)
therefore to me its still a refinement issue. But if your latest
modifications fixes that then I would need that patch to further
investigate.

> Also, I got an error on testcase table_width.xml:
>
> [junit] Testcase: table_width.xml
> (org.apache.fop.layoutengine.LayoutEngineTestSuite$1):     Caused an
> ERROR
> [junit] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 6, Size: 6

Do we know which patch (SVN revision) introduced this issue?

<snip />
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Manuel