On Mar 9, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Ben Litchfield wrote:
Hello all,

I am the main developer of PDFBox, an open source(BSD) PDF library.

FOP contains PDF library functionality(specifically classes in
org.apache.fop.pdf.*) and PDFBox is a PDF library.  Because they do
very similar things they contain a lot of overlapping code, but the pdf
package in FOP has some features that PDFBox does not and PDFBox has
some features that the FOP pdf package does not.

I propose that classes in FOP's package be 'merged' into the PDFBox
library and FOP utilize PDFBox for PDF functionality.

<snip>

Ben Litchfield
http://www.pdfbox.org/

Thank you for your interest, Ben. Although I don't speak for everyone, it does look intriguing to me. You may want to clarify how you envision PDFBox will be licensed (would this be a software license grant[1]?). I don't know the details on the BSD license. Also, I assume you would provide a software license grant and fill out a CLA[2].

[1]
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants
[2]
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas