Hi Jeremias,

I am happy to know you have a good impression of me. I do have good Java skills, from personal experience as well as from 4 university courses that involved Java.

Implementing the auto table layout sounds like the kind of contribution I would really enjoy bringing to the FOP project. As I do not know the specifics yet, would you consider this to be a project of its own, or would other things have to be added to the proposal ?

Google will start taking proposals on may 1st so there is still time to prepare, but I think it is best to have a well thought-out application with a good timetable and realistic goals that fit into the bigger picture of FOP.

I look forward to work with you again.

Patrick

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Hi Patrick,

yes, I've seen that something's going on in that corner. After my
experience last year, I was a bit hesitant to take another stab, but
since we've already worked together, I'd be fine mentoring a little
project. There are a lot of things that could be approached:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPProjectTasks

The thing that would make the most people happy would be implementing
auto table layout. That's something that is not on any of my clients'
wishlists so it goes on my private task list on which I have other
higher priority items. :-o You'd be the hero implementing that!

I'm sure there are other things you could do. You've got good Java
skills, haven't you?