On Jun 7, 2006, at 14:10, I wrote in Bugzilla:

<snip />
More info on the remaining problem:

It seems like the layoutengine currently tries to calculate widths for the descendants of the markers contained within it, which seems to lead to errors in AbstractBaseLM.getBaseLength()... ? Still have to
investigate a bit further.

And so I did... Guess what: there seems to be an inherent error in the marker descendant re-parenting process. It must have been there for quite a while. Nobody ever noticed. :) Some debugging showed that the clones of the marker descendants have a RetrieveMarker as a parent (instead of the parent of the RetrieveMarker as prescribed by the Rec)

So, good news: Should be easy to fix, and the percentage resolution should work like a charm. :)

Later,