On Aug 1, 2006, at 15:44, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

On 01.08.2006 12:14:58 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
<snip />
Well, with my working copy I get the following results:
When start-indent is explicitly set to "0cm" for the third paragraph,
the text is placed 1 cm /left/ from the black border:
http://atvaark.dyndns.org/~vincent/ref-area_start-indent-0cm.pdf

Hmm... seems like the non-inherited margin-left property from the outer fo:block influences the calculation.

1 - 2 = -1

When start-indent is unset, the text is placed 2 cm left from the black
border:
http://atvaark.dyndns.org/~vincent/ref-area_start-indent-none.pdf

0 - 2 = -2

Damn, I had the "break indent inheritance" switch enabled. Seems to be a
bug then, somewhere in IndentPropertyMaker.computeConforming(). Grr.

Might be caused by something like:
margin-left influences the start-indent property of the outer block, and this latter property is inherited... I'd debug in that direction: see what the call to PropertyList.getInherited() returns in IndentPropertyMaker line 107. I bet it's returning the 2cm.

The specified start-indent on the block-container should actually reset this, so it seems to be a problem with computing the inherited value...

Cheers,