On Aug 1, 2006, at 19:53, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

<snip />
Might be caused by something like:
margin-left influences the start-indent property of the outer block, and this latter property is inherited... I'd debug in that direction: see what the call to PropertyList.getInherited() returns in IndentPropertyMaker line 107. I bet it's returning the 2cm.

The specified start-indent on the block-container should actually reset this, so it seems to be a problem with computing the inherited value...

Just had another look. Suspicion confirmed, it seems.

see: PropertyList.getInherited()

if (isInherited(...)) { etc.

and start-indent is inherited, so this will always return the computed value of the parent in that calculation.

One way around this would be to exclude the inherited value of start- indent if start-indent is specified on the FO.
That would make it:
*either* inherited *or* explicit, and not explicit *minus* inherited...?

Correct interpretation?

Cheers,