Simon Pepping wrote:
 > Block content in inline content is the natural organization of
displayed formulas and tables. Demanding that FO generating
stylesheets separate them is moving the burden back to them. I am not
in favour of that.

Ah, I start seeing the point. You might have add images as well.
However, I have to agree with Peter about the clarification of the
expected behaviour. In particular, is the line before the block
adjusted according to text-align or to text-align-last? It could be
argued both ways.
And I still think that mixing inlines and blocks significantly
complicates the FO processor implementation. :-P

J.Pietschmann