On Jan 24, 2007, at 00:15, Jay Bryant wrote:

Hi Jay,

I spent the afternoon reading the FOP source code and the PDF specification, and, if I understand things correctly, I need to add to the catalog. To do that, I thought I'd extend PDFObject to create an object called PDFDestination and then modify PDFRoot to get the destinations into the catalog.

Does that make sense or did I miss something in my (admittedly brief) study of the existing code?

Makes a lot of sense, as a basis...

I seem to remember doubts being raised as to whether it should be made standard or handled by resurrecting the fox:destination extension. Adding named destinations for each and every id in the document may not always be desirable, so it may be better to leave this choice up to the end-user.

Cheers,