On Jan 24, 2007, at 01:19, Nicol Bolas wrote:

Can't you just use the bookmarking feature of XSL-FO? I mean, isn't that what
it's there for?

Well, IIRC in PDF there's a clear distinction between bookmarks and named destinations.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that every bookmark points to a named destination, but not every destination has to be pointed to by a bookmark. XSL 1.1 indeed offers fo:bookmark, but there does not seem to be an object corresponding to a PDF destination... There is the id attribute, but nothing in the Rec compels a FO processor to treat specified ids as anchor points (unless they are referenced by another FOs ref-id property).

Cheers,