On Mar 26, 2007, at 16:48, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Hi Vincent,

I'm having a lot of fun playing with border and padding
conditionalities...
<snip />
I think the padding should actually not be discarded on the second page.
It would if the corresponding edge were a leading edge in the
region-body's reference area. However, it is not because there is no
stacking constraint between the inner block's area and the (region
body's) ref-area. Because the retained border on that inner block
creates a fence which prevents rule 3.b (XSL 1.1, 4.2.5) to apply.

Just a sanity check: aren't you confusing padding-* with space-* here?

Comparing FO to PDF, my common sense jumps up and says:
"Why do you expect the padding to be retained at page-breaks, when specifying .conditionality='discard'?"

Cheers,