On Mar 27, 2007, at 10:47, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Andreas L Delmelle a écrit :
On Mar 26, 2007, at 16:48, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

I'm having a lot of fun playing with border and padding
conditionalities...
<snip />

Just a sanity check: aren't you confusing padding-* with space-* here?

No :-)

OK, just thought I'd make sure. ;-P

Comparing FO to PDF, my common sense jumps up and says:
"Why do you expect the padding to be retained at page-breaks, when
specifying .conditionality='discard'?"

Precisely because of this notion of "fence".

OK ... and does the notion of a 'fence' also apply to padding?

If this would be so, then similarly, one could argue that even if the inner block's border-before has a conditionality of "discard", you'd still expect it to be retained, because there is the 'fence' of the outer block's border?

Cheers,