Hi Andreas,

Andreas L Delmelle a écrit :
<snip/>
>> I propose the following plan:
>> - make a list of patches/bugs that we would like to apply/fix before
>>   releasing. Here everyone can help, even non-committers ;-) Once the
>>   list is done we will see how many of them we can handle.
>
> Shall I post a little survey mail on fop-users? Maybe it's good to know
> for them as well about the upcoming release...

I like the idea, and your draft mail looks fine, so +1.
Let's say we wait one week? That should be enough, and I wouldn't like
to delay the release too much.

>> - refactor the website according to Chris' recent suggestions. That
>>   requires some writing skills and a minimal knowledge of Cocoon/Forrest
>>   and I'd be /very/ grateful for any help in this area...
>> - once Commons is released we can start the process for FOP
>>
>> I'll create the branch very soon, as it's probably best to perform the
>> website refactoring in it. Once it's done we will have to be careful
>> when committing changes. I suggest to perform code changes on Trunk only
>> and merge in the 0.94 branch if applicable; and make website changes in
>> the branch only, that I'll merge back into Trunk once the release is
>> out.
>
> +1

Ok, I'll create the branch on Monday morning.

<snip/>
>> Some time ago we discussed about abandoning support for Java 1.3. Since
>> then I forgot to launch the poll on fop-user. I guess this will have to
>> be postponed and 1.3 archives will be provided for 0.94.
>
> Not necessarily, IMO. Now may just be a good time to start dropping
> support for 1.3, precisely by not releasing new binaries anymore. Users
> will be warned that with the sources, a 1.3 build is still possible, but
> they would have to do it on their own. After the release, we can then
> gradually start dropping support for 1.3 in the code as well, and clean
> up some there too.
>
> For you, this means less work with building the release-binaries :-)
> Only a few extra lines of caution in the announce mail.

Now that's again a good idea! Although I should perhaps try to build at
least once with 1.3 to be sure that's still feasible. Well, and if I do
that there isn't much work left to build the binaries actually...

Still, I like the idea. Any objections?