On Jul 19, 2007, at 16:10, Manuel Mall wrote:

<snip />
Now what does not completely sit right with me, is that the
properties are still not accessible on the inline level. Your patch
transfers the keeps to the FOText itself, instead of activating the
property on inline-level FOs.

That said, it obviously works, so no reason to complain.

There is not need for the inline obj to bind to the properties as its LM
does not use them.
The bind is done only for the FOText as it is the
only object whose LM is currently making processing decisions on it.

See? And why is that? Because you decided to implement it that way. :-)

Before your patch the property was not present on FOText, and was not dealt with by the TextLM, but now it is... Keeps and breaks on fo:blocks are definitely handled by the corresponding LM, so in that respect, your solution seems to introduce inconsistencies.

No doubt it's the most convenient and quick way to solve it, but I'm wondering whether it is also qualitatively the best solution in the long run? Keep-with-next and keep-with-previous on fo:inlines, for instance, will have to be implemented someday as well.

Cheers