On Thursday 20 December 2007 18:38, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>
>Benefits of the extension:
> - It is mostly useful for multi-page TIFF files (scanned documents
> and faxes) and PDFs (with my PDF-in-PDF plug-in).
> - It removes the necessity to post-process the generated output file
> (for example with PDFBox or iText). It's not necessary to implement
> this post-processing for each output format in use and it's not
> necessary to manually play with the intermediate format to add this
> functionality. - Attaching existing PDF files to PDFs generated by
> FOP has been a frequent topic on fop-users.
> - FOP could be used this way to convert multi-page TIFF files to PDF
> or whatever output formats FOP supports. We could provide a
> command-line option for that if we want.

<snip/>
> WDYT?

In the main business application of FOP I am supporting this feature
would be of immediate benefit as we are processing bundles of scanned
and/or faxed documents and we have to artificially split the multi-page
images into individual one page images so they can be processed by FOP.

So I am all for it.

> Jeremias Maerki

Manuel