Hey, I don't like doing stuff twice or more times. Each output format
has its own specifics and there are limits to what extent commonalities
can be extracted. For example, some formats don't support free-form
transformations. In PCL, it's impossible to write a Graphics2D
implementation that doesn't end up using bitmaps instead of native
commands to paint the individual elements. Actually, that fact is
exactly the point what's concerning me most if I think about a new
intermediate format which will result in a different kind of abstraction
for the rendering components.