I can't speak for the broader market but for my usages anything prior to Java 5 is "dead wood" and of no interest.

As of October of this year anything prior to Java 5 will be officially unsupported by Sun except where you have a paid support contract with them (including that for Solaris). Add to that the fact that Java 1.4 is so limiting for so many things and Java 5 is supported on even the most odd ball platforms (except Java ME, but I don't see FOP on ME...)

The Web Maestro wrote:
+1 from me on a new poll for discussion.