Hi Jeremias,

> "empty cell areas": When a table-cell is broken over two pages,
> it generates two so-called reference areas. If the table-row that
> it belongs to is broken over two pages but the full content of a
> table-cell fit on the first page, FOP still has to create a (empty)
> reference area for that table-cell on the second page. What you want
> is to place an image in that empty area. My suggestion was to have a
> facility to specify content that would be distributed into these empty
> reference areas generated by the table-cell. The only tricky thing is
> to let the height of that content influence the actual height calculation
> for the table-row.

Since the content for this empty cells is already known, I could replace the
empty reference area with an ordinary area, add a page-break before and fill in
the content. If the area is generated before the height is calculated, it
should influence the calculation just like any area would. Is that mostly
correct?

> Disclaimer: If I'm talking about possible solutions that doesn't mean I offer
> to implement it.

I'll just keep asking until I can implement it. Tomorrow I'll search for the
empty reference areas...

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------