On 18 Jun 2009, at 20:26, Simon Pepping wrote:

Hi Simon, Vincent,

<snip />
I get the feeling that this means that you are planning to relaunch
line breaking while in the page breaking phase. Is that possible?

What I was wondering too, and why I somehow believe that suspending line-breaking and starting the page-breaking phase earlier is likely to be 'easier' to implement (even though the required changes would impact a lot more classes). It would basically come down to extending the approach that is currently taken when dealing with span-changes or forced page- or column-breaks: exit the line-breaking loop, start page- breaking for the element-list up to that point, and return later to continue with the line-breaking. Currently, this approach always uses separate PageBreakingAlgorithm instances, but I don't think it would be very hard to re-use the same PBA and append the new elements to its 'current paragraph'.

Regards