On 19 Jun 2009, at 15:58, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

Just for the sake of completeness:

On 19 Jun 2009, at 15:46, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

<snip />
Until page breaking has been done you don’t know where the paragraph
will be broken. So you don’t know how far in the element generation you
must go.

Not true...

Actually, the first part /is/ true, but the conclusion is wrong.
What I actually meant was that we cannot let ourselves be tempted to think that we need to effectively compute the first break to know / whether/ a paragraph will be broken (or: whether there will be at least one break).

Regards