Hi all,

First, I'd like to thank all FOP developers for creating such a great tool that
tackles really, really hard problems. I'm developing an OSS tool for generating
PDF (and other formats) from a wiki-like syntax and it uses FOP instensively.

Now I met some people that could be interested by Novelang (the OSS tool of
mine) but they need index entries. XSL 1.1 specification supports this, but in
the short term FOP doesn't seem to be implementing it.

FO markers are great for single pages, but they come short when referencing
several pages, as we don't want duplicate entries like "3, 3, 5, 6, 6, 7" ("3,
5-7" wanted instead).

A solution for a reasonable amount of work seems to be a FOP extension acting
like a marker but supporting multiple entries, calculating page ranges and
removing duplicates.

I've looked at extension samples (MathML, Barcode4J). They all work as
rectangular graphical areas. I could find none working as a text flow.

- Is it possible to implement an extension generating text flow?
- If yes, where can I find such an example?
- If no, any other idea?

Regards,

Laurent Caillette
http://novelang.sourceforge.net

__________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des
signatures de virus 4347 (20090819) __________

Le message a ?t? v?rifi? par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com