Hi Laurent,

I had the same problem, except for the "5-7". I only had to remove multiple
entries with identical page numbers. A search for buzzword index in the
archives should unearth that thread ("Index and Pagenumbers").

Important parts:
------------ by Jeremias Maerki -------------
* XSL 1.1 contains support for building indices but that hasn't been
implemented in FOP, yet.
------------ by Jeremias Maerki -------------
At the moment, the resolution of page-number-citations can happen in two places
at the moment: 1. In PageNumberCitationLayoutManager where the page number is
directly entered as a TextArea if the target page is already known. 2. In
area.inline.UnresolvedPageNumber if the target page is only known at a later
stage. In this case the page number is squeezed into some pre-reserved space.
This avoids a two-pass layout approach that other implementations use but it
has its limitations.

The problem for you: In case 2, the layout engine is no longer operating and
you cannot adjust properly for larger amounts of text (multiple p-n-cs that are
suddenly gone). However, since word indices are normally at the end of a
document, this might be something you can avoid.
------------- by Andreas Delmelle ------------
I once started gathering some thoughts on the topic, but didn't get very far...
See: http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FormattingObjectsForIndexing

By itself, the implementation of the 'index-key' property is not that
difficult. It is its treatment further on during layout/rendering that will be
a challenge.

If you're interested, I'll be glad to co-operate on this one.

My personal solution was actually: I generated the fo-file to area tree, read
the page numbers, deleted entries from the original fo file and generated the
resulting fo-file to pdf.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------