De : Georg Datterl [mailto:georg.datt...@geneon.de]
Envoyé : jeudi 20 août 2009 10:11
À : fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Objet : AW: Referencing multiple pages for index entries

Hi Laurent,

The index page is indeed the very last page, but since I still have the fo
file, I can add further indizes and cover pages later. I just don't have them
at the moment and I don't need them for the correct page numbers of the index,
so I can look for the last page. You might as well use a table to display your
entries and find the table by id instead of the page. Actually, I wouldn't need
to find the page at all, since I search for the entries directly in my xpath
statement, but stripping the unneeded nodes reduces the time needed to find all
the page numbers from 2 hours to 2 minutes with even medium sized documents!

prod-id is the area tree name for the id attribute of fo-elements. Each
page-number-citation element gets a (of course) unique id and I keep a map of
which elements belong to which entries. Then I get the ids and the actual page
numbers from the area tree and can strip page-number-citation elements from the
fo file. Using id/prod-id is robust, since it can't be confused by user content
and fop requires ids to be unique anyway.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Georg Datterl

__________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des
signatures de virus 4350 (20090820) __________

Le message a été vérifié par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com