On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 03:32:25PM -0400, Jonathan Levinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My management has asked me to volunteer to help fix FOP bugs and add FOP
> enhancements.  I'm not yet familiar with FOP internals though I've read
> your design documents.

That is good news indeed. Thanks to Intersystems for this
contribution.

Note that you need to sign an Individual Contributor License Agreement
(ICLA), and most conveniently your company needs to sign a Corporate
Contributor License Agreement (CCLA), see
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas, before FOP or any other ASF
project can accept your code contributions.

One area in which FOP needs more work is the compliance with the FO
spec, versions 1.0 and 1.1, see
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html.

Another area where FOP needs more work is support for non-Western
documents. I do not know where the problems are, but it probably does
not work right now. Ideally, we would have contributors from regions
with such problems.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping