Hi,

   I am not sure on the licensing part as sebastian did some changes in FOP
code and he provided me the jars. And as per what i had checked those jar
print arabic correctly.
Possibly he will only be able to answer and I am nots ure whether the change
was made keeping FOP standards. He was planning to do bidi algorithm, no
idea whether he worked on it later and whether he contribuited the below
change to FOP.

Below were his comments -
If I set the writing-mode to rl-tb my text is flipped vertical. This happens
because the CTM class rotates the transformation matrix for rendering
according to the writing mode. If I want to write right-to-left this has
nothing to do with mirroring of cause and I disabled it, because I want to
print arabic text. So what is the purpose of mirroring in rl-tb
writing-mode? What errors will appear if I disable the CTM.getWMctm()
function that does the mirroring according to the writing-mode?
I achived printing (pdf) arabic text after some weeks of work ignoring any
xsl:fo recommendations. The most things I did in the TextLayoutManager. Now
I'm thinking about implementing it according to the recommendations and the
BIDI algorithm.

Hi Prakash,
you can download the version of FOP that I use to print Arabic script from
www.anneundsebp.de/fop/fop.html

I hope it works for you. Unfortunately I don't understand Arabic but I know
that there are still some problems with the type setting. Maybe you can
inform me about bugs you'll find.
I'll add some explanations and the source code in a few days.

Regards
Sebastian