Jonathan Levinson a écrit :
We are an international company, and need to support non-Western
documents including Greek, Thai and Chinese, amongst many others. We
have technical people at work in every area of the globe.
Jonathan S. Levinson
From: Simon Pepping [mailto:spepp...@leverkruid.eu]
Another area where FOP needs more work is support for non-Western
documents. I do not know where the problems are, but it probably does
not work right now. Ideally, we would have contributors from regions
with such problems.
Regarding non-western documents, in current FOP version:
- Latin and Slave alphabets give kind results, since they only depend on
fonts charset (my own experience).
- Japanese can give expected result (my own experience).
- ideographics languages (like Chinese) can give unexpected results
regarding line-breakink (from what I read in user-list).
- Arabic (and probably all right-to-left writings) cannot be handled
correctly by current FOP version:
- right to left not implemented (see )
- Arabic inner ligatures not handled at all