Prakash, I think you can safely remove the mirroring in the CTM. It's
definitely not the right thing to do for rl-tb. However, please check
the test cases in test/layoutengine/standard-testcases which probably
contain checks for the CTM. These will need to be changed.

Please try to contact the original author of the changes you picked up.
If we can get hold of him, we can probably get the necessary license
clearing from him. If his changes add considerable new code and
functionality, we'll need a ICLA [1] of him in the ASF's records at the
very least. The same applies to you if you add more than just a few
lines of code.

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

I think it's great that there's motion once more in the area of Arabic
script. Many have talked about it (or requested it) but so far nobody
followed through to the end. Please keep in mind that most (if not all)
of the existing committers don't have knowledge about Arabic script so
it's difficult for us to recognize whether a result is right or wrong.
So I think it's going to be important to have some documentation (for
example on the Wiki) on the topic. Some images that illustrate the
results will be helpful. Also, our layout engine test suite should get
some test cases for Arabic script which serve as regression tests. That
way we can slowly build knowledge about non-latin scripts and avoid
accidentally breaking working code after any such functionality has been
added.

I know we may be asking a lot, so thanks a lot in advance for your
patience and persistence.