On 01.10.2009 15:08:55 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Alexander Kiel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > do we use <code>, <tt> or {...@code}? I found all three version. Is there a
> > Checkstyle for that?
>
> Use {...@code}. HTML tags should be avoided as much as possible.
>

> > Do we introduce a newline between the Javadoc body and the @param,
> > @return or @throws clause?
>
> Yes.

I'm sure Vincent wanted to write "Yes, that would be my preference.".
"We", the project as a whole, have no such rule.

Our code conventions are here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/conventions.html
plus the Checkstyle configuration which has become a de-facto standard,
you could say. Everything beyond that is personal preference.

That said, I'm against over-regulating. Can you actually check that
blank line in Checkstyle? I don't think so. Going beyond what we already
have in terms of conventions doesn't make much sense as long as noone
fixes each and every Checkstyle violation in FOP.