Hi,

Adrian Cumiskey wrote:
> HI Simon,
>
> I'm not sure it would, a very complex subject that would require a lot of
> time just to understand all the considerations involved.  There is a good
> reason why it has not been implemented up to now.

Agreed. The table code is too complicated and would require too much
time to dive in. Even I have difficulties debugging my own code, and
I have built up quite some experience now...

The underlying data model is not appropriate and has been pushed beyond
its limits. I don’t think anything more can be done on tables because
that would inevitably break something.

Of course, that’s bad news for Peter... The only possibility IMO is to
implement some limited, ad hoc functionality that would work in some
specific use case. Maybe adapting the patch from Bugzilla #47347 to the
current Trunk is doable in a reasonable amount of time.

The other possibility is to refactor the whole layout engine...

Vincent