´╗┐Hello there. I have been busy implementing 128 bit PDF encryption for FOP. I
have already got it working successfully but one issue remains that I have a
question about.

In the org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFEncriptionJCE.init() method there is one place where I want
to broadcast an event message. I looked
athttp://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/events.html  to learn about events. However it
just shows "EventBroadcaster broadcaster = [get it from somewhere];" and
doesn't show how I should be getting the broadcaster. After looking in the code in the
AFP package for existing examples I put together the following which seems to work on
testing:

FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
FOUserAgent agent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
EventBroadcaster eventBroadcaster = agent.getEventBroadcaster();
PDFEventProducer eventProducer =
PDFEventProducer.Provider.get(eventBroadcaster);
eventProducer.warnRevision3PermissionsIgnored(this);

This creates a new FopFactory, from which I create a new FOUserAgent, from
which I can get the event broadcaster to supply to my event producer. (I had to
create a PDFEventProducer which extends EventProducer. Plus
PDFEventProducer.xml which contains the message mapping.)

In this case the EventBroadcaster will be created new every time so I am not
sure existing listeners will pick up. So is there a recommended way that I can
get an existing event broadcaster to use? Or is the above way the correct way
to do it after all?

Version of FOP is v1.0. Platform is Ubuntu Linux, running from within the
Eclipse IDE.

Thanks!

-Mike

Michael Rubin