Taking the average of the best 3 out of 5 runs for a couple of the junit
tests, I get the following:
                          TRUNK     CMPLX     DIFF%
junit-basic               4.87s     4.92s     1.01%
junit-layout-standard    36.34s    36.72s     1.04%

In the case of junit-layout-standard, there are 25 more tests run in the
Complex Script branch.

So, I'd say that there is about a 1% decrease in speed performance based on
this data.

I doubt if users will even notice this, so this would argue for enabling by
default.