I am pleased to learn that you are also in need of this new
functionality.

I share some of Vincent and Peter's concerns about technical points of
the code. On the other hand, this is the only implementation of
complex scripts we have, created by Glenn, in the style of Glenn. It
is an initial implementation, and it is normal that it requires
further work, maybe even design changes to make it more flexible. Does
keeping it in a branch make that further work easier? Merging it into
trunk will enhance its visibility, and make it available to more
users.

Simon