On 19/06/13 02:40, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Chris Bowditch
> <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Glenn,
>>

>> On 18/06/2013 11:12, Glenn Adams wrote:
>>
>>> To be more clear, I propose we replace FOP's implementation of UAX14 with
>>> use of ICU's line break iterator, and that ICU becomes a standard
>>> dependency for FOP.
>>>
>>> However, before taking a decision on this, allow me to create a branch
>>> (on github) that actually makes this change so that folks can evaluate it.
>>> Is that a reasonable approach?
>>>

>> +1, but I think we should create the branch in SVN as Vincent mentioned.
>> SVN is still the Version Control system used by the XML Graphics project.
>>

> When I've completed the work in a github branch of a fork of the apache/fop
> mirror, I'll upload it to an SVN branch for folks to review who prefer SVN.
> Me, I've stopped using SVN for active development. Github is just so much
> better.

By getting involved in FOP development you accept the project’s
practices... including a VCS you may not like :-)

Or, if you feel strongly enough about it, you can promote a switch to
Git, now that it’s officially supported by Apache.

That said, have you tried playing with git svn?

FWIW, I have a Git repo that sits on top of the svn checkout and, after
ironing out some wrinkles, I find that the process works just fine.