On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 19/06/13 02:40, Glenn Adams wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Chris Bowditch
> > <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Glenn,

> with

> it.
> >>>

> >> +1, but I think we should create the branch in SVN as Vincent mentioned.
> >> SVN is still the Version Control system used by the XML Graphics
> project.
> >>

> > When I've completed the work in a github branch of a fork of the
> apache/fop
> > mirror, I'll upload it to an SVN branch for folks to review who prefer
> SVN.
> > Me, I've stopped using SVN for active development. Github is just so much
> > better.
>
> By getting involved in FOP development you accept the project’s
> practices... including a VCS you may not like :-)

Just for you Vincent, I'll transfer whatever I do in github to an SVN temp
branch when I'm ready for you to review. Others will be free to review in
github as they prefer.

> Or, if you feel strongly enough about it, you can promote a switch to
> Git, now that it’s officially supported by Apache.

Perhaps I will do so when I have time to do the work of a switchover should
such a proposal pass. In the mean time, I am not proposing a switch.

> That said, have you tried playing with git svn?

Yes, I use it for Webkit development. However, it is still a pain over a
pure git approach.