> On 24 Jul 2015, at 12:08, Jan Tosovsky <j.tosov...@email.cz> wrote:
>
> On 2015-07-24 Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:

>> On the other hand, note that it does not (entirely) solve the original
>> issue reported in FOP-1444, which seems to be more related to using
>> fo:page-number-citation.
>
> Are you referring to Pascal comment from 16/Oct/13? In this case I'd rather
> create a dedicated issue (if it is still relevant) as the original text and
> majority of comments is IMHO about incorrect alignment when a leader is
> surrounded with spaces. They can be either eliminated (as a workaround) or
> handled properly, which I believe is covered by your changes.

Good point.

> Are you getting the proper alignment when processing the original attachment?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12558413/FOP_TOC_Bug_Test.fo

I tried that one indeed, and noticed it still has misalignments, albeit very
minor. Overall, the alignment does look a bit better than before the patch and
quite a lot better than the originally attached PDF from 8 years ago, but still
not entirely OK. I just attached both outputs in JIRA, so you can have a look
if you're interested.

Unfortunately, the original reporter did not take the time to reduce the
example to a 'minimal' one. It contains more page-sequence-masters than the
rendered output has pages, which leaves us with the task of having to reduce it
to the smallest example that reproduces the issue at hand. Debugging a session
with the attachment as is produces too much noise, which makes it more
difficult to pinpoint the cause.

One notable difference with your attachment is that instead of absolute,
resolved page numbers, that example uses fo:page-number-citation, so it could
be related to those. Another possibility is that the list structure is causing
interference. Difficult to say at this point.

KR