Sam,

What I have found is that, in certain situations, you have to also install the font in your print manager so that the font can be properly sent to the printer. It all depends on the software being used to print the .pdf file. We're printing from Adobe Acrobat® under windows in one scenario and the font was printing fine. Then, using CUPS under UN*X, we had to configure the print software so that it too could see the font. I don't remember if we had to actually install the font, but we had to tweak the configuration settings so that it would send the font properly to the printer. The embedded font needs to be sent to the printer and the printer needs to be properly informed to use the font during the print. Acrobat® was doing it with the default setup. CUPS wasn't. I was also able to configure Acrobat® to not print the font but, I don't remember how I did that.

Chuck

Sam Prokop wrote:

Hi,
i´ve got the following problem,
i did everthing like it is said in http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html,
created metrics etc..

fop says: "Writing 12180 bytes of font data"

But there is still the standard font in my pdf.

i´m using fop 0.20.2.

the entry in the conf/userconfig.xml:

embed-file="C:\WINNT\FONTS\ANTQUAB.TTF">
style="normal" weight="bold"/>
style="normal" weight="bold"/>

this is the beginning of the metrics-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <embed></embed>
        <cap-height>685</cap-height>
        <x-height>0</x-height>

--
Sam

Keiron Liddle wrote:

When Fop is creating a PDF file by default it supports all inbuilt pdf fonts.
ie.
Helvetica
HelveticaOblique
HelveticaBold