We noticed that when fonts are embeded by FOP they are imported with
"Windows" encoding (in Adobe File->Document Info.->Fonts...).  If you use a
Adobe tool to embeded a font it's encoding is "Built-in" (or something to
that effect).  We found our Unix boxes needed things tweaked,similar to
whats described by Chuck below, to make the FOP embeded fonts work.  The
"Windows" encoding happened even if the FOP processing was run on a
non-Windows computer.

I still don't get why that works like that.  A clean solution to this would
be something nice for the documentation library :)

JohnPT

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    APACHE.ORG