Matt,

I'm sure Arved will have something to say about this, but are you subscribed to SourceForge's xslfo-proc list? Have you seen Arved's perl prototyping code? This is a *difficult* problem. A large part of the spec can be implemented relatively easily, but if you get the design of the first, say, 85% wrong, the last 15% becomes well-nigh impossible.

I *have* been living off savings and credit cards for over 12 months now, initially struggling with the original code base before deciding to start from scratch, and I can say that I am beginning to get a handle on the design. Good luck.

Peter

Savino, Matt C wrote:

I'm 99% sure there is a huge corporate demand for an FO-PDF engine right
NOW. Those guys at RenderX are nice but unresponsive, their product is on
par with FOP at best, and the're too busy to breathe selling $5k/CPU
licenses!

I'm about ready to quit and starting working on one myself. Anyone who knows
the PDF spec inside and out and can live off savings or credit cards for 6
months is welcome to join.