Matt,

Put this line at the top of your batch file:

@echo "1:[ %1 ] 2: [ %2 ] 3: [ %3 ] 4: [ %4 ] 5: [ %5 ] 6: [ %6 ] 7: [ %7 ] 8: [ %8 ] 9: [ %9 ]" > t.out

Then look at t.out to see what XMLSpy is sending to the batch file. Then try the same sequence from the command line to figure out what's going on and tweak the batch file to make it work. (That's how I made the batch file in the first place.)

This is what I get:

1:[ -q ]
2: [ -xml ]
3: [ "C:\Fop-0.20.1\tmp0000.xml" ]
4: [ -xsl ]
5: [ "C:\Fop-0.20.1\pdf_master.xsl" ]
6: [ -pdf ]
7: [ "C:\Fop-0.20.1\Output.pdf" ]
8: [  ]
9: [  ]

Chuck Paussa

Savino, Matt C wrote:

Thanks Chuck, I see I can actually use your workaround to go straight from
XML-PDF with XMLSpy. But my problem right now is I can't even get XMLSpy to
run FOP on an FO file that I know works. I just get that same error every
time. (Regular XSL transformation works fine by the way.) I keep thinking
there's a space in my file path or something, but I can't find any. I'll let
you know when I figure it out.

By the way I was working on this because I wanted to get your markers
example going. I finally just did it on the command line. It looks pretty
cool. I'm trying to figure out if I can use it to solve my adding
'(Continued)' to table headers problem or my spearately numbered sub-section
problem.

Matt Savino Senior Systems Analyst Quest Diagnostics Clinical Trials