I have the same problem. The "src" attribute of "external-graphic" accepts
only "file:....." value not a full URL.

Ashkan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 February 2002 07:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: dynamic image in PDF

> I have a servlet which creates imagery. I want to embed this in a PDF
document and I've been playing around with FOP in JSP. I can get PDF
generated but only on static image references, using external-
> graphic. What I need to know is - is there anyway of generating the image
dynamically, with the reference to the servlet embedded in the .fo ?

> I can see there is a fo:instream- foreign-object but the examples just
show examples of SVG. Is there anyway to extend this and if so, doesanyone
have examples ?

I haven't tested what you do, but I think you should be able to specify
a full URL with parameters and all in the "src" attribute of
"external-graphic" that will call your servlet to get the image. Or do
you get any error messages?

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 41 317 20 20 - Fax +41 41 317 20 29
Internet http://www.outline.ch