>> [snip!] If you are generating FO from DocBook, this will probably
>> be hard, or harder. You can try to fiddle with the docbook style
>> sheets to achieve this effect.

> Some workaround around those lines, is what I will try tomorrow.

What I did was to put <beginpage/> elements at appropriate places in
the DocBook XML source, to force line breaks _before_ the problematic
sections.

This is a hack, because it is vulnerable to changes to the XML
source.  But it is less ugly than the other hacks on the table, and
I'll remove the <beginpage/> elements when Fop supports keep-*.

I noticed that the DocBook XSL style sheets didn't have a template for
<beginpage>, so I put the following in my local FO-producing style
sheet:

  <xsl:template match="beginpage">
    <fo:block break-after="page"/>
  </xsl:template>