Hello Everyone,

This is for those of you who are interested in running FOP under Java
1.1.8.  I am successfully using version 0.17 in a servlet running on a
Domino R5 Server.  It was really not that hard to get going.  The only real
difficulty was in conforming to the version of FO-XML supported under
version 0.17.

Thanks for the feed back,

Kendall Adkins
Sr. Project Lead
Infoadvantage, Inc.
http://www.infoad.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Peter B.

                    West"                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       cc:

                    p.com.au>            Subject:     Re: Java 1.1.x

                    05/06/2002

                    07:30 PM

                    Please respond

                    to fop-user

Kendall,

You might want to examine this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101551941500565&w=4

I don't know whether this is the only problem of the migration to
1.2/1.3. If it were, you could copy the source tree, and use a find and
a perl one-liner to change all of the occurrences. Not nice, and nasty
to keep up-to-date, but it may be a way out. If it were not, you will
have to follow Joerg's suggestion.

Does anyone else know what the relevant incompatibilities are?

Peter