Argyn Kuketayev wrote:
it's msmincho.ttc. I ran ttfreader, it generated me the HUGE xml file ~400k.

How should I extract the only required fonts?

You don't. Chinese fonts are huge. You should already be aware of that.

> I don't specify any fonts
> explicitely inside my FO file, only font family serif or sans-serif.

I'm not sure what you want to say.

Register your font using some name, like "msmincho", in
your userconfig.xml. Write a small FO file using some
chinese characters, should work best if you assured they
have glyphs in the font. Run FOP. If this doesn't work,
use font-family="msmincho" on the enclosing block. If
this still doesn't work, ask your boss for another
assignment.

J.Pietschmann