Argyn,

This is a stab in the dark, but I am surprised to see "Arial" associated with an ideographic font. If the font information tells you that Arial is present, then what I suspect is that the font bundles Arial with its ideographic font(s) so that the users have the resources to process both Western and ideographic text. The other suspicious note in this is the use of serif and sans-serif. These terms have a very specific meaning in Western fonts, but I cannot see any application for them in an ideographic font.

Bottom line is that when you specify "Arial" or "sans-serif" you are specifying a non-ideographic font, so it is not surprising that you are not seeing any ideographic characters. What other font-names are available to you in msmincho.ttc? Mincho? If so, try that in your userconfig, and forget the "family" until you find out what a meaningful "family" value would be for an ideographic font.

Peter

Argyn Kuketayev wrote:

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.1.

here's what I put inside my userconfig.xml

I generated msminch.xml file with TTFReader utility from msmincho.ttc file.
I tried an option with file-embed too.

My PDF file doesn't show me chinese letters, it puts "#" instead.

I know that my XML-FO file is Ok. All fonts are on my PC, so I can see
Chinese in Internet Explorer.

What shall I look into to find my problem?