>> You're right. The command line wrapper can and probably should delete
>> the target file in case of an error. Could you check if the
>> return code
>> is set on the command line? If not, we should fix that.
>> Jeremias Märki

> Don't know about UNIX but on Windows it seems that the return
> code is always 0.
>
> Regards
> Con

Sorry about the delay, my Solaris test box was reconfigured.
The return code is not set by FOP on Linux: even appending:
exit $?
to fop.sh makes no difference as FOP itself returns 0 regardless.

NB: running 'java' with no parameters does return error code 1.

I have no idea how to set or check DOS return codes.

Regards,
Roland