Clay Leeds wrote:
That's what I'm trying to do by passing the PARAM in the COMMAND line. It may just be that I don't completely understand the process. I have a system which outputs an XML file, and if a setting exists, will print that file using XSL:FO. I have a 2nd page in the XSL:FO that is static (it's a government form).

Understood.

If the printer can handle DUPLEX (print on
front & back) then I output the 2nd page. If it does not, then they must purchase pre-printed paper with the government disclaimer stuff on the back.

You want to keep the information in a file or should it be done "on the fly"?

I'd like to have my .BAT/.sh script which runs FOP pass a parameter to FOP so it "knows" whether or not to print the 2nd page.

ok, on the fly. But your .bat is sending the files, which should be printed (front/rear // front). So why not keep a record whether it is front/rear or front. Then "normal" if bla =true then bothPages else frontPage.

I guess I could
set up the system to always output both pages, but then only "print" ODD pages, but I have no guarantee that I'll have that much control over the environment. I do, however have control over the .BAT/.sh script

So I would store the information in that script. Then you need two fop-Stylesheets. 1) with the rear page 2) without

Thanks for your help!

Web Maestro Clay