I'm still not sure I understand you correctly, but then I think you need
to look at fo:conditional-page-master-reference which allows you to
specify separate simple-page-masters for odd and even pages.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_conditional-page-master-reference

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/evenodd.html