I try learning  ...

Could you please just tell me whether I am on the right track for
configuration with the fop-trunk?

DefaultConfigurationBuilder confbuilder = new
DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
Configuration fileconf =
confbuilder.buildFromFile(ctx.getRealPath(CONFIG_FILE));
DefaultConfiguration conf = new DefaultConfiguration(fileconf);
conf.setAttribute("strokeSVGText", false);
conf.setAttribute("fontBaseDir", ctx.getRealPath("/WEB-INF/fonts"));
conf.setAttribute("baseDir", ctx.getRealPath("/"));

Fop fop = new Fop(Fop.RENDER_PDF);
fop.getUserAgent().setUserConfig(conf);

or
fop.getUserAgent().setBaseURL()
instead of specifying this inside the DefaultConfiguration?
(Font basedir is not essential since it is under baseDir)

Leaving now, I'll simply try tomorrow if no veto occurs ;-)

Thanks in advance!
sonja

Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 12:12 +0200 schrieb Sonja Löhr:
> Thank you for the turbo-answer, Jeremias!
>
> We wrote at the same time ...
>
> I would be brave ;-) and change the code since it is really small and
> differs not much from what happens in FopServlet, I just have some In-
> and OutputStreams between but should come along with the javadoc for
> that.
>
> The only complex thing could be the configuration (with both config-file
> and programmatically) - is that a great thing to change?
> If it is, I would just wait for the release and don't bother you with
> questions.
>
> sonja
>

> Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 11:57 +0200 schrieb Jeremias Maerki:
> > Sorry, Sonja, but a lot of changes have happened during the redesign
> > which break API compatibility. The packages and classes you listed don't
> > exist anymore. And the new API has not been documented, yet. This will
> > be done in the next two weeks and before the first preview release. In
> > the meantime, you can look at the embedding examples in
> > examples/embedding on how to embed FOP Trunk in a Java application.
> >
> > If you prefer an API that works on both FOP 0.20.5 and FOP Trunk, I have
> > started a solution at http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/dev/jaxg/index.html.
> > But either way, you will have to change your application once.
> >
> > Also needless to say that FOP Trunk is unstable (alpha) as will be the
> > first preview release.
> >
> > On 12.09.2005 11:40:50 Sonja Löhr wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > After inspecting the new compliance page (:-)) great improvements!!), I
> > > finally downloaded the trunk and built it.
> > > Now my servlet code is missing several packages/classes :
> > > org.apache.fop.messaging
> > > org.apache.fop.configuration
> > > and classes in org.apache.fop.apps (Driver and Options)
> > >
> > > Did I miss some sources or where can I find documentation about a new
> > > way of programmatic configuration, logging and Servlet integration?
> > > Sorry, I'm a bit lost in the developer's section of the fop site.
> > >
> > > Thank you for some hints,
> > > I would love to use the new features!
> > >
> > > sonja
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki